Luis Javier Miguel González
Luis Javier Miguel González is an associate professor in the Department of Systems Engineering and Automatic Control at the University of Valladolid since 1997. He has taught for more than twenty years in Control Engineering and Project Management. He currently teaches undergraduate studies in the fields of Systems Dynamics and Engineering Ethics, and postgraduate in Project Management and Scientific Cooperation for Development. His research lines were initially dedicated to automatic fault diagnosis and industrial predictive maintenance. In this field he has managed several research projects with public and private funding, mostly with the CARTIF technology center, where he held management responsibilities in research teams. In the context of this line of research he has directed 8 doctoral theses that have resulted in various publications in international journals and conferences, as well as three national patents. In 2004 he developed a postdoctoral stay at the University of Bergen (Norway). Since then, his priority research line is the application of systems dynamics to the analysis of energy resources and policies. In 2008 he contributed to the formation of the research group in Energy, Economics and Systems Dynamics. In this line of research he has tutored two doctoral theses, has participated in two projects of the National R & D & I Plan and two other European projects of the H2020 program. Since 2007, he combines his research activity with university management activities as director of the International Development Cooperation Area of the University of Valladolid. In this field he has promoted various teaching initiatives, among which the Interuniversity Master’s Degree in International Development Cooperation stands out, as well as research initiatives such as the Observatory for International Development Cooperation of the University of Valladolid.
- Jaime Nieto, Óscar Carpintero, Luis J. Miguel e Ignacio de Blas. “Macroeconomic modelling under energy constraints: Global low carbon transition scenarios”, Energy Policy, 2019, ISSN 0301-4215, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2019.111090
- Ignacio de Blas, Luis Javier Miguel e Iñigo Capellán-Pérez. “ Modelling of sectoral energy demand through energy intensities in MEDEAS integrated assessment model”, Energy Strategy Reviews, Volume 26, 2019, 100419, ISSN 2211-467X, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.esr.2019.100419
- Capellán-Pérez, I.; Álvarez-Antelo, D.; Miguel, L.J. “Global Sustainability Crossroads: A Participatory Simulation Game to Educate in the Energy and Sustainability Challenges of the 21st Century.” Sustainability 2019, 11(13), 3672; https://doi.org/10.3390/su11133672
- Jaime Nieto, Óscar Carpintero, Luis Javier Miguel. “Less than 2 °C? An Economic-Environmental Evaluation of the Paris Agreement”. Ecological Economics, Volume 146, April 2018, Pages 69-84.
- Capellán-Pérez, Iñigo, Margarita Mediavilla, Carlos de Castro, Óscar Carpintero, and Luis Javier Miguel. “More Growth? An Unfeasible Option to Overcome Critical Energy Constraints and Climate Change.” Sustainability Science, April 25, 2015, 1–15. doi:10.1007/s11625-015-0299-3. (Accepted Author Manuscript available here).
- Capellán-Pérez, Iñigo, Margarita Mediavilla, Carlos de Castro, Óscar Carpintero, and Luis Javier Miguel. “Fossil Fuel Depletion and Socio-Economic Scenarios: An Integrated Approach.” Energy 77 (December 1, 2014): 641–66. doi:10.1016/j.energy.2014.09.063. (Accepted Author Manuscript available for download here).
- Castro, Carlos de, Óscar Carpintero, Fernando Frechoso, Margarita Mediavilla, and Luis J. de Miguel. “A Top-down Approach to Assess Physical and Ecological Limits of Biofuels.” Energy 64 (Enero 2014): 506–12. doi:10.1016/j.energy.2013.10.049.
- Carlos de Castro, Margarita Mediavilla, Luis Javier Miguel, Fernando Frechoso. Global solar electric potential: A review of their technical and sustainable limits. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 28(2013), 824-835
- Margarita Mediavilla, Carlos de Castro, Iñigo Capellán, Luis Javier Miguel, Iñaki Arto, Fernando Frechoso. The Transition toward renewable energies: physical limits and temporal conditions, Energy Policy, vol 52, enero 2013, páginas 297-311. (Accepted Author Manuscript available for download here)
- La transición hacia energías renovables: límites físicos y temporales (draft). Margarita Mediavilla, Carlos de Castro, Iñigo Capellán, Luis Javier Miguel, Iñaki Arto, Fernando Frechoso. (borrador del artículo publicado en Energy Policy, vol 52, enero 2013)
- Movilla, Santiago, Luis J. Miguel, and L. Felipe Blázquez. “A system dynamics approach for the photovoltaic energy market in Spain.” Energy Policy 60 (2013): 142-154. doi: 10.1016/j.enpol.2013.04.072.
- García, Israel, and Luis Javier Miguel. “Is the electric vehicle an attractive option for customers?” Energies 5.1 (2012): 71-91. doi: 10.3390/en5010071.
- Villa, Luisa F., Aníbal Reñones, Jose Ramón Perán, Luis Javier de Miguel. “Statistical fault diagnosis based on vibration analysis for gear test-bench under non-stationary conditions of speed and load.” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing 29 (2012): 436-446. doi: 10.1016/j.ymssp.2011.12.013.
- Castro, Carlos de, Margarita Mediavilla, Luis Javier Miguel, and Fernando Frechoso. “Global Wind Power Potential: Physical and Technological Limits.” Energy Policy 39, no. 10 (October 2011): 6677–82. doi:10.1016/j.enpol.2011.06.027.
- Margarita Mediavilla, Luis Javier Miguel, Carlos de Castro. Analysis of the energetic transition: the electric car. 9th International Conference of the Internationa Society of Ecological Economics, Estambul, 14-7 junio 2011.
- Global Wind limit (draft). Referencia: Carlos de Castro, Margarita Mediavilla, Luis Javier Miguel y Fernando Frechoso. 2011. “Global Wind Power Potential: Physical and technological limits” ( borrador del artículo publicado en Energy Policy. 39(10), 6677-6682)
- Global solar limit (draft). Referencia: Carlos de Castro, Margarita Mediavilla, Luis Javier Miguel y Fernando Frechoso. 2011. ” Global solar electric power potential: technical and ecological limits” (borrador del artículo publicado en Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 28(2013), 824-835 )
- Castro, Carlos de, Luis Javier Miguel, and Margarita Mediavilla. “The Role of Non Conventional Oil in the Attenuation of Peak Oil.” Energy Policy 37, no. 5 (May 2009): 1825–33. doi:10.1016/j.enpol.2009.01.022.
- Non conventional oil (draft). Referencia: Carlos de Castro, Luis Javier de Miguel y Margarita Mediavilla. 2009. “The role of non-conventional oil in the attenuation of peak oil” (borrador del artículo publicado en Energy Policy. 37(5), 1825-1833).
- Margarita Mediavilla, Luis Javier Miguel, Carlos de Castro. From fossil fuels to renewable energies. 26th International Systems Dynamics Conference, Atenas, Grecia, 20-24 junio 2008.
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.es/citations?user=8XjYz8QAAAAJ&hl=es
SCOPUS: Author ID: 12345116400
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/luis-javier-miguel-gonz%C3%A1lez-9b574415/