Luis Javier Miguel González
Luis Javier Miguel González is an associate professor at the Department of Systems Engineering and Automatic Control of the University of Valladolid since 1997. He has taught for more than twenty years in subjects of Automatic Control and Project Management. Currently he teaches degree in the subjects of Systems Dynamics and Ethics in Engineering, and postgraduate in Non-linear Control, Project Management and Scientific Cooperation for Development. His lines of research were initially devoted to automatic fault diagnosis and industrial predictive maintenance. In this field he has led several research projects with public and private funding, mostly with the CARTIF technology center, where he held management responsibilities in research teams. In the context of this line of research, he has supervised 8 PhD theses that have given rise to various publications in international journals and conferences, as well as to three national patents. From 2004, after a postdoctoral stay at the University of Bergen (Norway), began a change in its priority research line towards the application of systems dynamics to the analysis of energy resources and policies, resulting in the year 2008 to the formation of the research group in Energy and Systems Dynamics. In this current line of research, he has conducted two doctoral theses, led a project of the National R&D Plan and published 10 articles in international journals, as well as 18 contributions to national and international congresses and national journals. Since 2007 the research activity has been combined with university management activities as director of the International Cooperation for Development Area of the University of Valladolid. In this field he has promoted various teaching initiatives, among which the Interuniversity Master’s Degree in International Cooperation for Development, as well as research initiatives such as the Observatory of International Cooperation for Development of the University of Valladolid
- Jaime Nieto, Óscar Carpintero, Luis Javier Miguel. “Less than 2 °C? An Economic-Environmental Evaluation of the Paris Agreement”. Ecological Economics, Volume 146, April 2018, Pages 69-84.
- Capellán-Pérez, Iñigo, Margarita Mediavilla, Carlos de Castro, Óscar Carpintero, and Luis Javier Miguel. “More Growth? An Unfeasible Option to Overcome Critical Energy Constraints and Climate Change.” Sustainability Science, April 25, 2015, 1–15. doi:10.1007/s11625-015-0299-3. (Accepted Author Manuscript available here).
- Capellán-Pérez, Iñigo, Margarita Mediavilla, Carlos de Castro, Óscar Carpintero, and Luis Javier Miguel. “Fossil Fuel Depletion and Socio-Economic Scenarios: An Integrated Approach.” Energy 77 (December 1, 2014): 641–66. doi:10.1016/j.energy.2014.09.063. (Accepted Author Manuscript available for download here).
- Castro, Carlos de, Óscar Carpintero, Fernando Frechoso, Margarita Mediavilla, and Luis J. de Miguel. “A Top-down Approach to Assess Physical and Ecological Limits of Biofuels.” Energy 64 (Enero 2014): 506–12. doi:10.1016/j.energy.2013.10.049.
- Global solar electric potential: A review of their technical and sustainable limits. Carlos de Castro, Margarita Mediavilla, Luis Javier Miguel, Fernando Frechoso. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 28(2013), 824-835
- The Transition toward renewable energies: physical limits and temporal conditions, Margarita Mediavilla, Carlos de Castro, Iñigo Capellán, Luis Javier Miguel, Iñaki Arto, Fernando Frechoso. Energy Policy, vol 52, enero 2013, páginas 297-311. (Accepted Author Manuscript available for download here)
- La transición hacia energías renovables: límites físicos y temporales (draft). Margarita Mediavilla, Carlos de Castro, Iñigo Capellán, Luis Javier Miguel, Iñaki Arto, Fernando Frechoso. (borrador del artículo publicado en Energy Policy, vol 52, enero 2013)
- Movilla, Santiago, Luis J. Miguel, and L. Felipe Blázquez. “A system dynamics approach for the photovoltaic energy market in Spain.” Energy Policy 60 (2013): 142-154. doi: 10.1016/j.enpol.2013.04.072.
- García, Israel, and Luis Javier Miguel. “Is the electric vehicle an attractive option for customers?” Energies 5.1 (2012): 71-91. doi: 10.3390/en5010071.
- Villa, Luisa F., Aníbal Reñones, Jose Ramón Perán, Luis Javier de Miguel. “Statistical fault diagnosis based on vibration analysis for gear test-bench under non-stationary conditions of speed and load.” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing 29 (2012): 436-446. doi: 10.1016/j.ymssp.2011.12.013.
- Castro, Carlos de, Margarita Mediavilla, Luis Javier Miguel, and Fernando Frechoso. “Global Wind Power Potential: Physical and Technological Limits.” Energy Policy 39, no. 10 (October 2011): 6677–82. doi:10.1016/j.enpol.2011.06.027.
- Analysis of the energetic transition: the electric car. Margarita Mediavilla, Luis Javier Miguel, Carlos de Castro. 9th International Conference of the Internationa Society of Ecological Economics, Estambul, 14-7 junio 2011.
- Global Wind limit (draft). Referencia: Carlos de Castro, Margarita Mediavilla, Luis Javier Miguel y Fernando Frechoso. 2011. “Global Wind Power Potential: Physical and technological limits” ( borrador del artículo publicado en Energy Policy. 39(10), 6677-6682)
- Global solar limit (draft). Referencia: Carlos de Castro, Margarita Mediavilla, Luis Javier Miguel y Fernando Frechoso. 2011. ” Global solar electric power potential: technical and ecological limits” (borrador del artículo publicado en Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 28(2013), 824-835 )
- Castro, Carlos de, Luis Javier Miguel, and Margarita Mediavilla. “The Role of Non Conventional Oil in the Attenuation of Peak Oil.” Energy Policy 37, no. 5 (May 2009): 1825–33. doi:10.1016/j.enpol.2009.01.022.
- Non conventional oil (draft). Referencia: Carlos de Castro, Luis Javier de Miguel y Margarita Mediavilla. 2009. “The role of non-conventional oil in the attenuation of peak oil” (borrador del artículo publicado en Energy Policy. 37(5), 1825-1833).
- From fossil fuels to renewable energies, Margarita Mediavilla, Luis Javier Miguel, Carlos de Castro. 26th International Systems Dynamics Conference, Atenas, Grecia, 20-24 junio 2008.
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.es/citations?user=8XjYz8QAAAAJ&hl=es
SCOPUS: Author ID: 12345116400
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/luis-javier-miguel-gonz%C3%A1lez-9b574415/